Parents blamed for child chocking from measles vaccine


A baby boy has died in Castillejos, Zambales, Philippines the same day as receiving a vaccination for the measles, ABS-CBN reported Sunday, Jan. 19, 2014. While the child’s mother blames the vaccine, authorities claim the child simply died as the result of choking.

According to the child’s mother, one-year-old John Rogie Cudal was taken to a medical center to catch up on the vaccine which he was unable to get at the recommended age of nine months.

The mom says that little John was still cheerful and alert immediately after receiving the vaccine, but later that evening is when she started noticing that he was having trouble breathing. The child was taken to a local hospital where he died that night.

Official reports indicate that the child’s cause of death was cardiac pulmonary arrest and aspiration. In other words, he choked and his heart stopped.

The mother feels her son’s death was caused by the vaccine he received earlier in the day, but authorities do not agree. They believe that at some point during the night, the child choked, probably while he was playing with his mother.

The local government wants to do an autopsy on the child, but at this point the still grieving parents are refusing to allow it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *